Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pond life - water weeds

The underwater plants - so painstakingly planted by me - are growing. In some areas of the pond they have already reached the surface of the water. This is a good sign - they are generating oxygen all the time and I can see the bubbles rising. Judging by the pattern of growth, the plants grow best when they are near to the points where water is recirculated, which seems logical. I am keeping an eye on some areas though where nothing much seems to be happening and have some spare plants in a tank just in case.
Y

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Yvonne,

Googling I found your blog Giardino in Umbria. I am a new blogger and would like to link to yours. Your pictures and texts are inspiring, indeed!
I live in Portaria, next to the Roman excavation, Carsulae. My blog is still a prototype, waiting for my web designer to help me w. the header. But posts are being processed. If you find it fruitful, please write back for me to link... My blog address is http://wwwricciericicom-ingridj.blogspot.com