Saturday, December 29, 2007

December - plotting & planning

The weather has become really cold and frosty - the peas I sowed have germinated and I worry that their whispy shoots will be frozen but the broad beans are much more resilient. I wrap the oleanders in bubble wrap if I can manage it. My 'Paperwhite' daffodils indoors have come into flower and fill the room with scent.
The bright sunshine in the middle of the days makes me want to go out and do more planting but I resist - with such major work going on for the Pond I dare not make any more planting decisions until it has reached its final form. So this is a time for looking at seed catalogues - 'packets of dreams' as my Mother used to call them - and planning the planting around the Pond and the pathways leading up to it.
Y

No comments: