Monday, October 15, 2012

GBBD October 2012

Well October is here already and the weather is still warm, mostly mid 20s, but the occasional day of rain has transformed the garden. Not only has green foliage recovered but now the roses are blooming again. The Chinas are especially free flowering but I think almost every rose bush is showing some blooms.
The Perovskia is still in bloom - such a faithful plant, bringing us flowers right since June.
Meanwhile I have been trimming back the cistus, phlomis and teuchriums before winter and generally tidy up; I am waiting for the temperature to drop a bit more before I start to plant new plants and bulbs.
Thank you to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for hosting this Bloom Day.
Y

1 comment:

Denise said...

I can imagine the wonderful scents as you trim back the garden for winter. I've always loved the smell of cistus. The China roses are such a great group and do so well here in Southern California too. Happy bloom day!